STORAGE OPTIONS FOR BOTH PELLET AND CHIP
Integrated internal stores
- A room on the same level as the biomass boiler plant room, suitably renovated or constructed to meet the wood fuel’s storage specifications
- For pellet-only use, a V-profile floor is advised
- For chip only or chip and pellet stores, a square space is best for the circular, spring agitator
- Space saving, block-built underground store
- The bunker lid is the most important consideration
- Hydraulic or manual operation? Lifting or sliding lid? Flush-fitting design?
Above Ground Octagonal Stores
- Prefabricated metal hopper with internal agitator
- Fill and vent pipes for fuel deliveries (pellets)
- Additional vertical elevator available for tipped wood chip deliveries
Hook Bin Stores
- Metal hook bins (like shipping containers) fitted to a frame, usually in twos
- Replace empty bin with a full bin instead of emptying fuel into the container
- Large space required
Wood PELLET - Storage Types
Internal Flexible Bag Stores
- Flexi-bag pellet silos available in a range of sizes and capacities
- Metal frame and ‘breathable’ fabric material
- Storz fittings for fill and vent pipes to be attached to fill and vent pipes
Modular Steel Stores
- Can be built up in sections to the desired size
- Suitable for external placement
- Solid cement base required for modular steel silo to stand upon
- Various sizes available
- Can be painted to a range of RAL colours
- Solid cement base required for cylindrical silo to stand upon
Wood CHIP - Storage Types
Chip rotary agitator
- Simple solution for above ground store
- Typical delivery is via tractor with a loading bucket
Chip rotary agitator with Steel store and elevator
- Good solution for above ground store
- Elevators can deliver chep between 30-100m3/hr
Below ground fuel store
- Very simple 'tipped' delivery
- Expensive construction but long lasting
BESPOKE STORAGE OPTIONS
Even with many standard options available, some sites require a bespoke biomass fuel store solution.
We have provided unique, site-specific and successful biomass fuel store plans, designs and installations for numerous clients where off-the-shelf products were not quite suitable, and we can help with yours too.
We have the whole of the UK covered with our nationwide network of in-house engineers, trained and accredited to work on biomass boilers.
- Nationwide network of locally placed skilled service engineers specialising in biomass and other technologies.
- Service engineers equipped with the latest tools and equipment.
- Rapid response and out of hours support available.
- Technical support available over the telephone from trained and friendly experts
- Huge UK stock of spare parts and accessories with rapid delivery.
- The capability to manage single or multi-site estates, working independently or in partnership with your M&E services provider or facilities management agency.